Wednesday, April 2, 2014

World Autism Awareness Day mani

Today is World Autism Awareness Day (April 2nd).
 
As I said in my previous post I'll be trying to do as much blue nails as I possibly can.
So, I really hope that you're loving blue :D
 
For today a mani that besides the blue has another link to Autism; puzzle pieces.
The puzzle piece symbolizes the mystery and complexity of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). And as every puzzle piece is different in some way, it represents the diversity of the individuals affected.
 
First a swatch of my main polish
China Glaze Crinkled Chrome 1266 Iron out the details
 
 
Blue silver chrome polish with sand and bars which gives the whole crinkled look.
Application is a little tricky because of the sand and bars and it dries very quickly (even on the brush if you wait too long).
Give the bottle a good shake and try to apply an even coat.
Big plus is that it only needed 1 coat!
Picture above is without topcoat but the next nail art is with topcoat...no problems there!
 
I like that it is different from other textured polishes.
 
For the nail art I've used this image as my inspiration:
 
 
Nail art
 
 
Polishes used:
- China Glaze Crinkled Chrome 1266 Iron out the details
- China Glaze 818 Snow
- China Glaze 553 Sexy in the city
- Maybelline Forever Strong Pro 650 Midnight Blue
 

6 comments:

  1. oh ! wonderful nail art , but my eyes on this nail polish !
    you made good choice ,, dear Margi !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! I like the effect but I'm not sure if I find it good enough to keep though

      Delete
  2. Ooh! I love the butterfly puzzle nail art! Though I don't fancy much of the crinkled chromes, haha XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the crinckled chromes...I love that they are unique.
      But I'm a little done with the textures in general.

      Delete