Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April is Autism Awareness month

Light it up blue!
Movement meant to shine a light on Autism.

April is Autism Awareness month and for that people all around the world are lighting it up blue to show their support.
And of course the nail community can't pass on this.
More precisely I don't even want to pass on this.
Autism is everywhere around me.
Last year I joined this Facebook group which started Paint It Blue for Autism.
It was a huge success but this year we want it to be even bigger.
Who will join me for Autism?!
 
How?
- Join the Facebook group (isn't a must but would be nice as you can show of your nails there as well)
- Post your pictures anywhere (on your regular media with #paintitblue and/or #bluenailsforautism)
That's it :D
 
 
I'll try to do as many nail arts/swatches as I possibly can.
 
Starting with a simple mani created with a nail art set that I got from H&M (fashion store).
Containing a baby blue polish called "Blue" and blue iridescent glitter.
 
 
First a swatch of the polish:
 
 
I used the glitter as a gradient. Except for the accent nail which is all glitter.
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. That's a lovely manicure. .. I ll join u too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And awesome that you're in as well ♥

      Delete
  2. so nice ! i will try to support this year the group "paint it blue "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even one mani would be perfect!
      Love you ♥

      Delete
  3. Simple yet a beautiful way to start off the Autism Awareness. I love how the glitters really says "Light it Up Blue" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think of that! You have a great eye for these kind of things!
      Thanks hun ♥

      Delete