Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 254) Nail art leaves

Today my first fall nail art and I'm loving it!

Let's start with a swatch shall we.


KOH Colours! - Metallic Green! 127

No sun in the Netherlands. Above are indoor pictures. With and without flash.
Isn't it beautiful???
I'm so in love with good holo's!

It took me about 4 coats to get it nice (I don't have the patience to wait between coats, so maybe you could do it with less).
Holo's have a specific way of applying I think; the metallic parts want to bind together and with your second stroke you're taking away some of your first.
My trick is to load the brush with a pretty amount of polish and try to barely touch the nail as I'm applying it.
Another way is to paint your nails in the regular way. Fill up holes by dotting the polish and wait till your covered (not even) nail is dry. Then apply a final layer to make it a smooth surface.
The color is kinda hard to describe: it's a greyish, silver, minty color. But the minty green overrules the rest. The holo is just perfect!

Now, let's have a look at my first fall nail art and start with something you can expect with fall nail arts: Leaves
For the leaves I used a striper brush and some different metallic polishes (brown, green, plum).



2 comments: