Friday, December 6, 2013

Day 340) Abstract Christmas nail art

For today an abstract Christmas design.
I thought it would be too much for all the nails but just perfect as an accent nail.

As base color I used the following polish:

China Glaze 1117 Angel Wings
 
 
"Angel Wings" is a gold glitter polish with a lot of holographic glitter in it.
It dries to a matte finish (first picture) which is very helpful. Not only does it dry very quickly it also makes it easy to apply a next coat.
This comes in handy because this polish needs 3 thin coats to be opaque.
A topcoat makes it more shiny and it seems to do the colors more justice.
The camera had trouble to catch all the beautiful Sparks but believe me when I say "It is beautiful and full of holographic parts".
Only disadventage is: it needs a certain light to sparkle. Otherwise it's just a 'plain' gold glitter.

For the nail art I was inspired by Mondriaan (a Dutch painter). His work consisted of a white ground on which he painted a grid of vertical and horizontal black lines and the three primary colors.
Instead of the white background and primary colors I've used Christmas colors.

Polishes used:
- China Glaze 1117 Angel Wings
- China Glaze 1252 Just Be-Claws
- Maybelline Forever Strong Pro 720 Green Miracle
- Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer 39 Black To The Routes

1 comment:

  1. I am not to sure about such a loud and glamorous choice for nail polition. I am more of a fan of subtle colours and tones. But nice to see. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete