Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 315) Elegant half moon mani

I my opinion it was time for a simple and elegant nail art again.
This nail art is great for winter and coming holidays.

First a swatch of my base color:

Color Club In true fashion - First looks
 
This is one of the most prettiest dark teal colors that I've ever seen.
In the bottle the color looks darkblue with a touch of purple and green.
On the nails the color is so dark (blue) that it almost looks black, but there is a beautiful teal shimmer that lightens the total look.
Almost opaque in 1 coat.
Perfect color for fall and winter.
 
For the half moon mani I used the following:
* OPI Mariah Carey Holiday 2013 Collection mini pack liquid sand - It's frosty outside (silver glitter liquid sand)
* Silver beads
* Rhinestones
As inspiration for this nail art I've used a necklace

 


I think this nail art is also great for winter/Christmas because you could see some icicles  in it as well.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful-stroke of genius-who would not want to wear this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Teresa. Your comment makes me happy!!

      Delete
  2. beautiful work ! i have never did half moon nail art on my nails,but when i see yours nails, it looks very very nice !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half moon can be gorgeous but depends a lot on color combo's I think.
      Thanks dear!!

      Delete
  3. Oh its gorgeous! Both the swatch of Color Club In True Fashion-First Looks as well as the elegant (yeap, you definitely described it right!) nail look! I love how you used the beads and rhinestones to mimic the dangling necklaces pieces! Looks like jewels on your nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has been a very pretty mani. Nothing special, just a little bling but in an elegant way.
    I loved it!

    ReplyDelete