Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 178) Featuring rhinestones (1)

Today and tomorrow will be all about rhinestones.
Tomorrow will be the last day before we leave for our 3 week vacation and there is still a lot to do.
Rhinestones are easy and quick to use and therefore perfect for these two days.

And to be honest...they are so easily forgotten.
Ages ago I bought a big nail art wheel with about 2500 rhinestones in different shapes.
I maybe used 10 of them and then forgot all about it.

And I am not sure why...
Rhinestones can be so pretty and just give a nail art the elegant touch.

Before I show you my nail art, I have some swatches of China Glaze Holographic - 1171 Infra Red 81159 (which I used as my base color):
The next pictures were taken under a bright light
 
 
Although it's a pretty holo, I've seen better. Outside I had to twist my hand again and again to find the holo. But maybe direct sunlight will do a better job...
 
Now, for the nail art. I will not just apply some rhinestones, but try to do some elegant painting as well. I hope you like the ideas!
Thumb: Abstract with rectangular rhinestone in the middle
Index: Butterfly with rectangular, rain-drop and teardrop rhinestones
Middle: Frame with rectangular and square rhinestones
Ring: Snaky design with round rhinestone
Pinky: Leaf with a flower rhinestone
 

No comments:

Post a Comment