Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day 211) Me & My Ice cream Essence (swatches+nail art)

Today another trend edition.
"Me & My Ice cream" by Essence:

 
 
From left to right:
 
- 01 Ben & Cherries
- 02 Always in my mint
- 03 Ice, ice baby
- 04 Icylicious
 
Of course I did some single nail swatches:
 


First of all the colors are very light. You need at least 2 to 3 coats to get good coverage.
At the second thin coat I even questioned myself if Essence had changed the brushes, because I still could see some lines in it.
After 3 thin coats it looked great!
The colors are very sweet, I would say: "adorable".
I do think the light pink and lila look too much a like...especially when you use them close to each other (as on the picture) you only see a slight difference.
The finish is glossy (I didn't use any topcoat on the picture above) and there is some pearly shimmer in it.
This trend edition looks a lot like the limited edition "Candy Shock" by Catrice.
But who cares...you can never have enough light and bright colors (IMO)!

Then for the nail art. When I make a nail art using a limited (trend) edition I always like to paint something that links to the edition itself. "Me & My Ice cream" ...do I need to explain why I chose to do an ice cream nail art?'


 

6 comments:

  1. Omgosh! That ice cream looks so delicious and good enough to eat! *Slurrrrpsss*

    I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible detail-you must have used a 0000 Brush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I had to look that one up (0000 brush???). But yes...I used I striper brush that looks like the ones I saw on google images-0000 brush ;D The trick is not to use a topcoat, because that flattens everything out

      Delete
  3. wow, I have been wanting to do an icecream nail art for so long. urs is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Setu, looking forward to see yours!!

      Delete