Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Lace nails

It's been such a long time since my last entry for the weekly challenge over at Nail Polish Queens (NPQ) community.
Which is actually sad because I really like those weekly challenges and the community!

This week the challenge is: Lace
Although I consider myself more of a free hand painter, lace is a thing that looks just weird when I'm doing it free hand.
And, let's be honest, the lace patterns on stamps and decals are out of this world!

Today I bring you another nail art with the use of water decals.
And again, these came from Born Pretty Store.

Let's have a look at them :D





As you can see there are black and white lace patterns and I immediately had to think about a wedding themed nail art.

As a base for my nail art I've used this gorgeous polish by Dance Legend.
Anna Gorelova by Dance Legend 03 Gold Fish
Gold Fish is a sheer platinum gold filled with larger scattered holo particles that look like white gold particles without direct lighting,
A polish really suited for wedding nails.
However, when I started applying this polish it was kind of sheer. It did build up but it took me about 5 coats to have it as I please.
Application was really easy and I was able to apply the other coats very soon after the previous.
But...I smudged a nail right after finishing application and had to start all over again.
I decided to make it more easy for myself by using a 1 coater platinum gold as base for the Gold Fish...leading it to be used more as a topcoat.
The color underneath Gold Fish is:
Maybelline Forever Strong Pro 820 Winner takes it all!

I cut the water decals so I could make a V-shape (Chevron).




I'm really pleased with the elegance.
What do you think?



13 comments:

  1. Wow, Goldfish is beautiful! Great lace nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. total effect absolutely speechless :)- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails have gotten so long! This is a really elegant look <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and keep enjoying the length because pretty soon I'll be cutting them all down.
      I broke my pointer and or trying to let it grow for a bit with the tea bag method.

      Delete
  4. Oh my, I didn't think this was holo! *___* your last picture has completely knocked me out.
    Great entry for the weekly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really surprised me too. I was simply looking for a great polish to use for wedding nails and in my search I found a swatch of this beauty.
      I thought it had silver/white gold glitter but the holo is much more appreciated by me (wink).
      This one is in my top 10 :D

      Delete
  5. Yes, these are beautiful and great for the Challenge this week. Cutting the to make chevrons is genius. Most of us would have probably just put them on straight. And of course, being gold I doubly love it.!I'll go over to NPQs and make sure I give a thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      It's getting harder and harder to be unique...especially with water decals but I think I succeeded this time aroun :D

      Delete